The parish church of Stara Zagora „St. Nicholas the Wonderworker“ will welcome the forthcoming holiday of the Resurrection of Christ with renewed frescoes.
This is the first complete restoration that has been done inside the church since its painting nearly 100 years ago.
The construction of one of the most beautiful Orthodox churches in Stara Zagora began in 1896 and continued until 1909. The place for its erection was issued by the decree of Prince Ferdinand and the construction was carried out entirely with the means of the parishioners. 15 years after the completion of the building, the church was painted by the greatest painters of iconographic frescoes at that time – Prof. Nikola Kozhuharov and Prof. Dimitar Gyudzhenov.